From November 28th to December 3rd, 2022, the 6th edition of the African Forum of Territorial Managers and Training Institutes will be hosted in the Souss-Massa Region. This 6th edition will be an opportunity to present, discuss and provide answers to the various issues related to the challenges of training and capacity building of local elected officials and staff of local and regional governments in Africa.
Specific objectives of the Forum include:
- To present the main challenges related to the General Theme of the Forum;
- To situate the main actors and stakeholders involved in the process of training and capacity building in the field of climate, targeting African local and regional governments;
- To exchange on the methodology or methodologies applicable in this domain;
- To train trainers in climate action in partnership with the ADEME Agency;
- To highlight good practices and successful experiences;
- To inform on the progress to be made at the COP27 scheduled for 6 to 18 November 2022 in Egypt;
- To identify key funding opportunities for training and capacity building;
- To see to what extent digital transformation can have any influence on the training and capacity building in the field of climate change;
- To provide spaces for information, awareness raising, learning, training, capacity building, peer learning, coaching and networking in the fight against climate change;
- To present the report of ALGA and to agree on the strategic orientations for the future, in particular within the framework of the meeting with the Regional Referents of the Academy;
- To discover a new Region of the Kingdom of Morocco, in this case the Region of Souss-Massa for its Heritage and Culture.
For this edition, a concept note has been created with extensive background information on the international agreements regarding climate change action, the involvement of local and regional governments, and details about this 6th session. The concept note can be found attached to this news item.
For more information, please contact email@example.com