UCLG’s Capacity & Institution Building (CIB) members support decentralization, build municipal institutions and empower/capacitate these organizations and their community. One of the priorities of the CIB is to facilitate exchanges on project monitoring, evaluation and learning.
Objective: How do you define municipal sustainability? What tools and approaches do you use to measure the capacity of municipal institutions? How do you engage national and local stakeholders in that discussion? Defining and measuring change in organizational capacity is a foundational element of effective programming with the municipal sector. This webinar will convey a conversation among CIB members who are seeking to improve how they measure progress with project beneficiaries. Presenters will share their approach, ideas and tools related to measuring municipal capacity. This will be followed by a facilitated discussion to compare approaches and deepen the conversation.
- How do you define municipal sustainability? What is the “end game” of your project?
- What tools and approaches do you use to measure the capacity of municipal institutions? What are the main elements/dimensions of the organizational model you promote?
- How do you engage national and local stakeholders in that discussion? How do your model and measurement support their own learning?
- What indicators do you use in your log frames and performance framework to monitor/report on organizational development?
Panelists & Moderator:
- Mbali Mahlobo, Program Manager, Intergovernmental Relations at South African Local Government Association (SALGA)
- Rikard Eduards, Programme Officer, Municipal Partnership Programme, Swedish International Centre for Local Democracy (SIDA)
- Mr Ramon Canal, Director of the Technical Programming Office, Barcelona City Council
- (Moderator) Pascal Lavoie, Program Manager, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
Please use the following link to subscribe: https://fcmwebinars.webex.com/fcmwebinars/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef4a812f1e81a6e90a295eb087f2eba18