SALGA recently met with the Danish Local Government Association (DLGA) to discuss key priority areas in local government.
The meeting was attended by SALGA president Parks Tau and CEO Xolile George, the chairperson of SALGA-Denmark and Executive Mayor of Aarthus, Jacob Bundsgaard together with his entourage.
The purpose of the meeting was to exchange views and ideas on good municipal governance, decentralisation, citizen involvement, e-governance and digitisation of the public sector.
The two Associations had lengthy discussions on the areas of cooperation and collaboration in the field of the water sector, water use and water resources.
SALGA and DLGA recently signed a memorandum of understanding that will see the two parties co-operate by;
- encouraging and facilitating partnerships in the water sector to undertake mutually beneficial exchanges and projects;
- exchange information, technologies and best practices;
- organising technical training, seminars or study tours in each country on subjects of mutual interest;
- encouraging participation of Water Boards, Knowledge Institutes, Private Sector and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in the implementation of this co-operation; and
- embarking on technical co-operative projects.