In the next few weeks, the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is organising several webinars and invites CIB members to attend and collaborate.
The webinars showcase FCM programmes and projects that are concerned with development cooperation abroad. Moreover, the webinars contain good practices that emerge from FCM’s experience, as well as an exchange of ideas both within Canada and between Canadian partners and foreign partners.
Both the best practices and the exchange opportunities can prove interesting sources of inspiration and knowledge for CIB members that are looking into similar locations and policy topics. For more information, including registration, click here.
1. Canadian municipal engagement in Peru and Colombia (March 17, 2016, 12:00pm (EST))
Perspectives and municipal experiences on mining and development throughout the Americas. Two municipal experts will share their experience and discuss the key challenges that Canadian, Colombian and Peruvian communities face with regards to community development in the context of resource extraction.
- Marie-France Brisson, Municipalité de La Conception (QC)
- Ian Wood, Director of Economic Development, City of Greater Sudbury (ON)
2. Canadian municipal engagement in the Caribbean (March 24, 2016, 12:00pm (EST))
Implementing Ease of Doing Business Solutions with Local Authorities in the Caribbean. Two municipal experts will discuss the work supported by CARILED to develop the enabling environment within local authorities, for more efficient small and medium-size businesses start-ups, expansion and sustainability.
- Heather McIntosh-Rivera, Director, Business Development and Operation at Economic Development Lethbridge (AB)
- Franklyn Harvey, consultant
3. Canadian municipal engagement in Ukraine (April 14, 2016, 12:00pm (EST))
Fostering SMEs Through Economic Transition: a Canadian Ukrainian Partnership. The webinar will showcase the Canada-Ukraine partnership that created a “Start-up Depot” business incubator in Lviv, Ukraine, and the benefits of participating in FCM International programs for Canadian municipalities.
- Kent McMullin, Senior Business Strategist - Industrial Investment, City of Edmonton (AB)
- Maksym Lysak, Director of International Cooperation Program, City Institute, Lviv, Ukraine